What we think makes dev projects succeed:
- Having a project owner (probably you in this case) who has time and authority to sign off work. Ball park is 15 mins twice a day of your time to review and prioritise work.
- We have mockups and user stories and user flows through the app prepared before starting the work.
- We all use a project management tool like trello (or waffle, asana, etc etc) that you check and can answer questions on.
- We have some one (you or a designer) to answer design questions.
- Building small chunks at a time and iterating.
What we don't want to do:
- Do a quote for large (> $30K) pieces of work. They're risky for all parties.